A CMS or a ‘Content Management System’ quite literally allows you to control and manage the content within your web site – without technical training. Using this uncomplicated system you can very easily add, delete images and edit text in your web site on the fly. You can also have an unlimited number of pages and a full site-search engine. What’s more… with ‘Navega Bem – Web Design’ you can have a highly professional CMS web site at a very reasonable price indeed!
Advantages of CMS
- Low cost
- Some content management systems are free, such as Drupal, Joomla and wordpress. Others may be affordable based on size subscriptions. Although subscriptions can be expensive, overall the cost of not having to hire full-time developers can lower the total costs. Plus software can be bought based on need for many CMSs.
- Easy customization
- A universal layout is created, making pages have a similar theme and design without much code. Many CMS tools use a drag and drop Ajax system for their design modes. It makes it easy for beginner users to create custom front-ends.
- Easy to use
- CMSs are designed with non-technical people in mind. Simplicity in design of the admin UI allows website content managers and other users to update content without much training in coding or technical aspects of system maintenance.
- Workflow management
- CMSs provide the facility to control how content is published, when it is published, and who publishes it. Some WCMSs allow administrators to set up rules for workflow management, guiding content managers through a series of steps required for each of their tasks.
- Good For SEO
- CMS websites are also good for (SEO). Freshness of content is one factor that helps, as it is believed that some search engines give preference to website with new and updated content than websites with stale and outdated content. Usage of social media plugins help in weaving a community around your blog. RSS feeds which are automatically generated by blogs or CMS websites can increase the number of subscribers and readers to your site. Url rewriting can be implemented easily which produces clean urls without parameters which further help in seo. There are plugins available that specifically help with website SEO.
Many companies find it difficult to keep their web site content as up to date as they would like. Often there are delays getting new content online, the site stagnates and your clients get to see outdated information – and Google may well relegate you in its listings. That’s why so many companies are turning to CMS. Meet Vanessa and Bertha for an enlightening example.
A CMS web presence allows you to manage your web site even if you have no technical knowledge, experience with HTML or web site design. It also reduces the calls to your web design agency or IT department for changes to the web site. CMS reduces the time required to publish, allowing you to get your content on-line faster. This is a very important issue for any professional web site.
CMS Website Examples